The Farm Baseball Academy will focus on players 7-18 years old. Classes, Camps and Instruction are all set for appropriate age and skill training. The Baseball Academy will cover all aspects of Baseball from beginning basic concept to advanced level training. This will not be limited to physical training, but include the mental approach to the game, self confidence building and an increased level of baseball IQ. Students will have regular grade checks to ensure the "student" in student athletes is in check. Students and families will have the opportunity to communicate with Coaches, Educators, Recruiters as well as gain insight and understanding from professionals within the baseball community. This will be offered through our online class and education program. To Set up a Tour of the Facility and a Free Class send us an email at Contact@TheFarmSLC.com To Sign up for the Academy visit thefarmslc.zenplanner.com
Hitting Instruction: is designed for players of all ages and skill level. Classes will focus on Basic, Intermediate and Advanced hitting. Classes will be broken up by skill and age level.
* Basic: Introduction to hitting focusing on the core fundamentals of hitting a baseball.
* Intermediate: Building on the core fundamentals introducing hitting theory, plate approach, pitch recognition.
* Advanced: Focusing heavily on hitting theory, understanding of pitch selection and approach, as well as a focused approach of situational hitting.
Defensive Instruction: is designed for all ages and skill level. Classes are broken up by age and skill level. Defensive instruction will include infield and outfield technique in addition a strong focus on understanding how to play all positions on the field. In any situation having a full understanding of the game will only increase the likelihood of success at a higher level.
* Infield Instruction: Focusing on infield technique, hands, footwork, ground balls, fly balls and conditioned coordination. Teaching players to play all positions within the infield to create a versatile athletic player.
* Outfield Instruction: Focusing on footwork, ball angles and tracking, understanding cut offs , crow hops, with a focus on athletic quick mobility while in motion.
* Catching Instruction: Being a catcher is just not being a great athlete physically but mentally. Catching instruction will focus on blocking, receiving, lateral movement, flexibility, balance, in addition understanding the game from a catcher perspective.
* Pitching Instruction: Pitchers will focus on the appropriate mechanics of pitching, arm health and recovery and body conditioning with an emphasis on healthy pitching to avoid over usage and injury.
* Academic Monitoring: All students will be monitored academically. The goal for our students in the academy is to be successful just not on the field but off. The academic monitoring will set the student up for future success both in High School and possibly for collegiate academic scholarship opportunities.