Want to participate in your local community? Become a sponsor for The Farm Sports and Performance Training LLC and support youth in your area.
The Farm Softball Academy will focus on players 7-18 years old. Classes, Camps and Instruction are all set for appropriate age and skill training. The Softball Academy will cover all aspects of the game from beginning basic concept to advanced level training. This will not be limited to physical training, but include the mental approach to the game, as well as a direct focus on confidence and self belief within the game.
Beginning Softball: This class is designed for young players just starting the game. Here players will learn the basic fundamentals of the game of Softball Including Hitting, Fielding, Base Running, Catch and Throw and Basic Theory. In addition a core focus is just not learning the game but a positive fun experience to peak interest and explore if softball is a sport the student athlete may enjoy in the future.
Hitting Instruction, is designed for players of all ages and skill level. Classes will focus on Basic, Intermediate and Advanced hitting to include "Slappers". Classes will be broken up by skill and age level.
* Basic: Introduction to hitting focusing on the core fundamentals of hitting a softball.
* Intermediate: Building on the core fundamentals introducing hitting theory, plate approach, pitch recognition.
* Advanced: Focusing heavily on hitting theory, understanding of pitch selection and approach, as well as a focused approach of situational hitting.
Defensive Instruction, is designed for all ages and skill level. Classes are broken up by age and skill level. Defensive instruction will include infield and outfield technique in addition a strong focus on understanding how to play all positions on the field. In any situation having a full understanding of the game will only increase the likelihood of success at a higher level.
* Infield Instruction: Focusing on infield technique, hands, footwork, ground balls, fly balls and conditioned coordination. Teaching players to play all positions within the infield to create a versatile athletic player.
* Outfield Instruction: Focusing on footwork, ball angles and tracking, understanding cut offs , crow hops, with a focus on athletic quick mobility while in motion.
* Catching Instruction: Being a catcher is just not being a great athlete physically but mentally. Catching instruction will focus on blocking, receiving, lateral movement, flexibility, balance, in addition understanding the game from a catcher perspective.
* Pitching Instruction: Pitchers will focus on the appropriate mechanics of pitching, arm health and recovery and body conditioning with an emphasis on healthy pitching to avoid over usage and injury.
Blast Motion May Hitting Camp: Players will be trained on both on advanced physical and mental hitting techniques. Class will include the use of Blast Motion Technology for in depth analysis of players swing. In addition all players will have included 1 hour of Speed and Agility Sport Specific Training. Dates: May 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th. Time: 5:00pm-7:00pm. Cost: $250.00
Softball Specific Speed and Agility: Weekly one hour classes throughout the summer for softball specific speed and agility training. Working on a combination of power, explosion, and training quick twitch muscle fibers to become faster and stronger in the game. Dates: Every Tuesday June 18th-August 21. Time: 8:00am-9:00am. Cost: $250.00 ( Registration coming soon )
Catchers Bootcamp: Catchers will work directly with University Level catching instructors on all aspects of catching. These include but are not limited to blocking, receiving, throw downs, footwork, stretching and mobility. In addition all catchers will work Speed and Agility Training throughout the week. Dates: August 12-15th ( Mon-Thur ). Time: 8:00am-10:00am. Cost: $225.00
Pitchers Bootcamp: Pitchers will work directly with university level coaches on intense training of pitcher specific drills to help increase leg power, explosiveness, spin, timing accuracy and endurance in addition to Speed and Agility training throughout the week. Dates: August 12-15 ( Mon-Thur ). Time: 8:00am-9:00am. Cost: $225.00
Interested in becoming a sponsor of The Farm Sports and Performance Training LLC?